Saturday, February 7, 2009

Strawberry Feta Salad

I know some readers of this blog have issues with "fruit and savory abominations" or "salt and sweet violations," but you'll have to believe me when I tell you this is a very well-received salad. It's very easy, too - mostly just opening things and pouring them into a bowl. It's best, of course, in spring and summer when strawberries are in season.



Strawberry Feta Salad



1 bag Romaine hearts (10 oz.)

crumbled feta (to taste: between 1/2 - 1 cup)

2 oz. pine nuts (toasted in a dry frying pan until they become fragrant, if desired)

1 16 oz. package fresh strawberries

Newman's Own Light Raspberry Walnut Dressing



Put lettuce greens into salad bowl. Wash, hull and slice strawberries; add to bowl. Scatter feta cheese over the top, then add pine nuts. I usually wait to dress the salad until right before eating.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

it's a total violation but I am sure everyone loved it!

I actually had a salad with apples in it one time and really liked it so I need to open my mind to s/s violations more often!

;-)

Stephanie Carnes said...

You could open up a whole new world!