Recreating Olive Garden's salad was the most difficult knock-off. Most recipes online include raw egg (which I'm sure OG does not use) or pectin, which sounds kind of gross for salad dressing. The recipe I went with was outstanding, but not that close to Olive Garden's dressing. However, I put the bowl and all ingredients except for lettuce and the croutons in the freezer before adding the dressing and serving, and the chilled salad captured a lot of the OG experience.
Olive Garden Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until well mixed.
- If this is a little to tart for your own personal tastes please add a little extra sugar - mine did need sugar.
1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 Romaine heart, chopped
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 sliced cucumber
1 cup whole pepperoncini peppers
1/2 cup kalamata olives
3 roma tomatoes, thickly sliced
1 cup croutons
Toss lettuces, onion, cucumbers, peppers, olives, and tomatoes in a chilled glass bowl with dressing. Top with croutons and cheese.