Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cracker Candy

Here's a super-simple candy you can adapt lots of different ways. Instead of Club crackers, use saltines or graham crackers. Top with nuts or M&M's if you like. See what's in the pantry and have fun!

It's called Cracker Candy because of the base, but people often rename it Crack Candy because of its addictive properties.

Cracker Candy

1 1/2 sleeves Club crackers
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 stick butter
2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup crushed pretzels

Put crackers in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, then pour over crackers. Spread to coat. Bake for 5 minutes at 350.

Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and drop peanut butter in spoonfuls scattered around the top. Spread evenly and sprinkle pretzels over the top. Chill for 30-60 minutes, then break into pieces.

1 comment:

Alison... said...

I'm sure you already know what I'm going to say but I'll say it anyway... If I saw this recipe a year ago, I wouldn't have wanted to try it due to the 'salt and sugar' violation.. LOL... but now it looks totally yummy to me... and easy.

I'm going to make it the next time I have a party to attend.